Monday, July 19, 2010

Rich Cho : New GM of The Portland Trail Blazers

Rich Cho : New GM of The Portland Trail Blazers

Rich Cho became the Blazers' choice after meeting last Thursday in Helsinki, Finland with owner Paul Allen.

"When he offered me the job," Rich Cho said, "I just jumped at it."

Rich Cho, 44, has many ties to Seattle and the state of Washington, having grown up in Federal Way, Wash., and started in the NBA with the SuperSonics (now Oklahoma City Thunder) in 1995 as an intern, after earning an engineering degree from Washington State and working at Boeing as an engineer.

"He introduced me to sushi nine years ago and taught me to play a little bit of Ping-Pong," Blazer coach Nate McMillan said. "So I knew him as a person."

Rich Cho spent the past eight years as an assistant GM. He said he takes an analytical approach and will seek the opinion of others in the Blazer organization, which has been known for having a lot of people involved in decisions and taking its time to think things through.

"One thing I've learned is that I certainly don't have all the answers," Rich Cho said during a noon press conference at the Rose Garden. "My management and leadership style will be very team-oriented. I will ask for a lot of input. ... We will be very process-oriented and methodical in our approach."

Find more news on Rich Cho and Blazers

No comments:

Post a Comment